Before trying to adopt good habits, you would rather pay attention to the bad ones you have accumulated over the years.
Filter out those habits that are not in line with your aspirations, ambitions, and goals. Make sure you do not do the things that hold you back and are not a good fit for a person you would like to be.
Here is the list of habits you should quit now in order to become a better person and achieve more:
- Do Not Discuss People. Discuss ideas instead.
- Do Not Be Jealous. Firstly, it is extremely meanly. Secondly, it makes you look miserable. Thirdly, this feeling has never made anybody happier, luckier or more successful. Get rid of it!
- Do Not Compare Yourself With Others. Live your own life and make sure it goes smoothly in the right direction.
- Do Not Overwork. Hard work has nothing to do with productivity. Work smarter instead of working harder.
- Do Not Be Rude. Rudeness never shows your power but rather makes you look ridiculous and silly. Impress people with your politeness and let them respect you for that.
- Do Not Be Impulsive. Every time you disagree with something do not make hasty conclusions or decisions. Give it a chance and let it settle down in your mind for a while. Soon you can notice how your opinion regarding that issue has changed.
- Do Not Doubt Yourself Too Much. Embrace the truth. You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.Go and get it!
- Do Not Be Afraid To Act. Fear is a reason that paralyzes people and stops them from taking action. Overcome your fears and start acting confidently.
- Do Not Spend Hours Surfing On Social Networks. Social networks are a great source of communication, interesting stories, and funny pictures. But make sure you are not killing time from dawn till dusk there.
- Do Not Lose Details. While being focused on big picture, do not forget about tiny details. They do really matter.
- Do Not Lose Eye Contact. Develop a habit of looking another person in his or her eyes while having a dialogue. It will let your partner be sure that you are listening carefully and you are totally involved.
- Do Not Sacrifice Your Sleep. Go to bed on time and have a good night`s rest. Good sleep is crucial for your creativity and long-term productivity.
- Do Not Lose Ideas. Always have a notepad with you. Every time you have an idea that pops up in your mind, take a minute to write it down or sketch it. Do not suppose that you will recall it later. They usually vanish.
- Do Not Hang Out With Pessimistic People. There are already a lot of bad and ugly things in this beautiful world that every once in a while make you upset.
- Do Not Lose Time Purposelessly. Spend every free minute you have with benefit. Read a book. Listen to a podcast. Think. Dream. Act.
- Do Not Forget To Exercise Regularly. Good, exhausting, intense workouts. This is what lets you stay in a good shape, abstract from the daily routine and devote time to yourself.
- Do Not Postpone Anything. Especially the things that matter. The sooner you start moving toward your dreams the sooner you will enjoy the results of this journey.
- Do Not Stop Studying. Knowledge is crucial. If you do not want to be left behind, you need to constantly improve your knowledge and acquire new skills.
- Do Not Stop Smiling. Do it sincerely. Let your smile change the world.
- Do Not Be Too Realistic. Leave some place for miracles. Believe in impossible and give weird ideas a chance.
- Do Not Take People For Granted. Every single person in your life is worth appreciating.
- Do Not Leave Any Reasons For Regret. Take action now in order no to regret about missed opportunities in the future.
- Do Not Avoid Changes. Changes usually involve new opportunities, growth, and development. Welcome them and let changes make your life more interesting and diverse.
- Do Not Give Up Chasing Your Dreams. Commit to your dreams and make them come true.
Get rid of the things that hinder your growth and do nothing but hold you back. Follow the habits that make you a better person. Do the things that people could praise you for.
Develop a good habit attitude. Then you won’t need to break a bad one.